It is the day before your wedding! It is finally here. All the planning and preparation along with $$$$ has brought you to this point. Now it is time to pack yourself an emergency kit to make sure you are over-prepared for anything that might come up on your wedding day.
Your kit should include the following items:
- A sewing kit to include small scissors, safety pins, needles, and thread in various colors.
- Makeup and accessories including lipstick and lip liner, nail polish in the bride's color, clear nail polish (for stocking runs), face powder, blotting papers (blot excess facial oil without removing makeup), and mascara.
- Hair products and accessories - hairspray, brush, comb or pick, elastics, bobby pins, hair dryer, and curling iron.
- Personal care and hygiene - tampons, tissues, eye drops, antacid, band aids, pain reliever such as ibuprofen or aspirin.
- Miscellaneous - straws (to drink without smudging lipstick), extra pantyhose, iron, lint brush, earring backs, contact lens solution (if applicable), static cling spray, breath mints, wet wipes, and nail clippers.
- Organizational tools - fully charged phone (turned off of course during the ceremony), list of important vendors' phone numbers for the ceremony and reception, watch, and camera.
Start off a couple weeks out of your wedding day mentally going through the day and what you will need to pack in your wedding day emergency kit. For instance, rehearse in your mind getting ready, having or doing your own hair and make up done. What will you need to have on hand in case you need to touch up your hair and make up before the big entrance? You will definitely want to have supplies on hand after the ceremony to touch yourself up for pictures.
This list may seem like too much to think about, but it really isn't. What this list will really bring you is peace of mind! Peace of mind that if the inevitable happens on your wedding day, you will be prepared no matter what.
back to top of page
Return from Wedding Day Emergency Kit to Easy Entertaining
Return to Life Organize It