In this Issue
- Goal for the Month - Change Your Life One Goal at a Time
- What's New at www.LifeOrganizeIt.com - new info!
- Coming next month at Life Organize It
- Welcome to the Organize-It-Mom E-zine - This month's hot topic [How are your New Year's resolutions Holding up?]
In this section of the newsletter we work on changing our lives for the better by setting goals each month.
Last month we talked about setting goals for the New Year. I like to write out my goals for the new year in late December of each year.
I keep all my goals written in a small spiral notebook and look over the previous year's goals while writing out new ones. It's just a nice way to see how life evolves and changes.
I include goals for each aspect of life such as Home, Spiritual, Maritial, Work, Kids, etc. Looking over previous year's goals is both a comical and enjoyable way to look at life and all the changes that come along with it. For instance, I cringe when I look at the goals from my 'twenties' as I was a single mom, working outside the home, in addition to running a small business, all while going to school! It was really tough and it makes me grateful for the life I have now. And, you know I wouldn't have the life I have now, had I not planned and prepared for it with goals.
So, if you haven't written goals for yourself in the new year, do it now, and make sure they are:
- Never vague or general, make your goals specific.
- Measurable (you need to know what you're working toward and be able to tell when you've achieved your goal).
- Personal to you.
- Time sensitive. Set a deadline in which to achieve your goal(s).
- Written down. Putting pen to paper has a dramatic effect on you achieving your goal(s).
In this Issue
What's New at Life Organize It
As we move into the new year, we're working on organizing our lives and controlling the clutter in and around our homes. The first page is for all you new moms out there. And, if you've been a mom for a while, you may also find some great tips in www.lifeorganizeit.com/baby-closet-organizer.html.
Next, since most, if not all of us are trying to save both time and money, you'll want to check out www.LifeOrganizeIt.com/pantry-storage.html for excellent techniques to get your pantry storage neat and orderly so you can:
- Save time not looking endlessly for things you need
- Money by cooking at home because you found what you needed, and
- More money by not buying duplicates of things you didn't know you already had!
If there's something you'd like to see on Life Organize It, please feel free to let me know. Just reply to this e-zine.
Coming next month at Life Organize It...
- Controlling Clutter. We'll continue to take a look at clutter in and around the house and learn how to control it one item and section at a time.
Welcome to the Organize-It-Mom e-zine. How are your New Year's resolutions Holding up?
If you're like most people, now that it's February, New Year's resolutions have come and gone. But, don't feel bad if you've long forgotten your New Year's resolutions, or if you didn't make any. I didn't make any, instead, as I mentioned earlier, I set goals for myself every year. No, I'm not overly ambitious, I've just learned (the hard way) that if you don't have a plan, you're not going to get anywhere literally.
Think about it, you typically have a plan for getting things done such as errands, making dinner, cleaning up after dinner, etc. Why not have a plan for life in general? It just makes sense to envision the life you want, and set measurable goals to achieve it.
So, if you're feeling bad about those New Year's Resolutions, don't. Just re-read the first section of this newsletter on goal setting and get busy designing your best life yet!
Have a wonderful month!
Organize It Mom e-zine brings you simple to use techniques that have a big impact on getting your life organized fast!
If you like this e-zine, then do your friends and relatives a favor and forward it to them. If your friend or relative forwarded it to you, then do yourself a favor and subscribe by visiting
Organize It Mom e-zine sign up
for a subscription to a free organizing e-zine.
Have any comments, want to see a new topic covered, ideas you'd like to share, or feedback? Please, I'd love to hear from you! Just reply to this e-zine and tell me what's on your mind!
I'll see you soon.